Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was born in Bushwick, Brooklyn, New York City She was the daughter of Lydia Perez and Ismael Serrano an officer in the Merchant Marine. She is Puerto Rican. Rosie attended Grover Cleveland High School in Ridgewood, Queens, New York as well as later, she enrolled in Los Angeles City College in Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez was in her sophomore year of college and just about to move back to New York from Los Angeles. She was invited to a leaving party by her fellow students. The moment Spike Lee proposed that she take part in his film Do the Right Thing (1989), she accepted. It was her first major role in acting. She was later nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her role in Carla Rodrigo (Peter Weir’s Fearless 1993). (She was defeated by Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993).) In my early days, the Latin community was the source of much of the criticism I was subjected to. I can remember them taking me out for lunch and telling me "Can you attend lessons to tone down the accent?" or "Can you not be funny and loud during a talk show?" My voice was always a critic. I tried to improve the way I spoke. I did my best to change however it was the way I spoke. Thank God, my octaves diminished as I aged. Today, I am enthralled if a sixteen-year-old comes up and mimics me.Boxing is about pushing through your fears. Boxing is more about fighting for yourself. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. A straight shot into his middle. He's not blinking. And I can understand what he's doing. [Who mentioned Don Cornelius watching her dancein the dance]: Don Cornelius did not want to know how I danced . I was dancing hip-hop and it was unheard of by people living in California. They only knew about popping and locking, so they were not keen on hip-hop dancing. Don was as if, "No. You're an asian woman. I thought, "What? This is a bit bizarre. Then I had to dance in high heels. I've had never danced in high heels before, and I was wearing this tiny little short dress and it's riding up my ass and I'm thinking, Oh my God



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Angelo Pagan Net Worth, Career, Personal And Early Life

Nicole and Emeraude

Amanda Lamb personal life